Monday, March 10, 2008

I hope they paid their taxes

The big news of the day is that Elliot Spitzer likes to bang hookers. Now, since this is a decidedly apolitical blog and I don't really care, I won't comment too much on the issues surrounding illegal prostitution or budding politicians. But I will say, given Spitzer's push for taxing illicit activities, I really hope they paid their taxes.

Feb 17, 2008

That seems to be the axiom in New York these days, where Gov. Eliot L. Spitzer (D), struggling to close a $4.4 billion budget gap, has proposed making drug dealers pay tax on their stashes of illegal drugs. The new tax would apply to cocaine, heroin and marijuana, and could be paid with pre-bought "tax stamps" affixed to the bags of dope.
...

"It was a way of getting tougher on criminals," said Joseph D. Henchman, tax counsel for the Tax Foundation, a Washington-based educational group.

Heh.

No comments: